Sunday, April 12, 2009

Santa Barbara + Summerland (Summerland Beach Cafe & Brophy Brothers)

Posted by Jen Ko at 11:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't uploaded for awhile and I have so many pictures. I've been sick the past 2 weeks, I came down with a really bad cold. I kept coughing but I didn't have any mucus! I had a fever and threw up.. yeah all that good stuff.

Anyways all of these pictures are from Santa Barbara back in February. Santa Barbara is really nice but.. there's nothing to do there! Everything closes pretty early so I didn't really have anytime to do much except eat. 

I was trying to find a good seafood restaurant to go to and it was reviewed that Brophy Brothers is the best seafood restaurant in Santa Barbara. 

Is it too bright?
The bread wasn't good... at all. It was really dried.
J doesn't eat oysters or clams so I got this whole plate to myself. Truthfully, I was really disappointed. The oysters didn't have the crisp refreshing taste I usually like. 

The clam chowder was good though. This came with J's mahi mahi
This was what I got but I forgot the name of it. It was a seafood stew? BUT it had bell peppers and I don't like bell peppers so it was a bit ruined. 

His mahi mahi. I think American seafood restaurants really rip people off. This dish was about $22 and it was small. 

To sum it all up I don't think Brophy Brothers is my cup of tea. I didn't think it deserved to be named best Seafood in town, but I'll give them another try in the future and hopefully they will surprise me! 


Brophy Brothers
119 Harbor Way
at the Breakwater
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
805-966-4418

Summerland inn

The next morning my Mom, J and I went to Summerland Beach Cafe. 

Me and my mumu.
my mom's Maryland Crab cake salad. 
Part of J's breakfast. I forgot to take a picture of it before he gobbled it all up.
My burger. It was a pretty decent burger, I added blue cheese and bacon! 


Summerland Beach Cafe
2294 Lillie Ave
Summerland, CA 93067
805-969-1019



The beach in Summerland
I like the feeling of wet sand in between my toes. :) 
Isn't it beautiful? 

0 comments on "Santa Barbara + Summerland (Summerland Beach Cafe & Brophy Brothers)"